Adsl Connection stop responding when downloading torrents

Possibly, but, since I don't know the particular device your ISP is providing, I can't say for sure.

Some DSL providers give their customers a fixed public IP, some only give a NAT IP, but forward ALL ports through, others give NAT, but forward nothing inbound.

If you can, ask your ISP to put the router in Bridge Mode and then get yourself a Cable/DSL Router (like the BEFSR41) then you can change settings at will.

Reply to
Leythos
Loading thread data ...

Please describe the actual problem again - with as much detail as you can.

Bridge mode set your route to provide a PUBLIC IP instead of a NAT (private) IP, but it also means that you are fully exposed to the PUBLIC and they can see your full computer - until you get some other form of protection.

Reply to
Leythos

Have you considered the following:

formatting link
Sorry for getting you off-track, MTU would impact most things, including your other P2P apps.

Reply to
Leythos

I tried changing MTU to all those values. still the problem persists but only with torrent cleiants.

Can i ty something else or we are sort of ideas?

Reply to
Nicky

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.