What's in your "Recovery" Toolbox? (HDD, Registry, Backup/Sync, etc.)

I'm on a Dual PIII (1000 MHz X 2) with WINDOWS 2000 PRO and I'm looking for opinions on the best utilities for the following functions:

1. HARD DISK DRIVE ______including MBR, Bad Sectors, Partitions, Disk Imaging

1. REGISTRY ______including clean, repair, backup, control/manage ______and (if possible) a novice-friendly GUI that explains every Key's function and color-highlights suspicious entries

2. BACKUP ______including the entire OS

1. FILE/DIRECTORY SYNCHRONIZATION ______I'm looking for SPEED primarily. I have a couple of (older) utilities but they routinely crash and burn -or- lock up my system because the load is too great (two of my 4 HDD's are 169 GB . . .)

Thanks everyone! Open to all ideas, even if I left something out. ;)

Angel

Reply to
CURIOUS ANGEL
Loading thread data ...

UBCD4 is the tool for you. Google for it, download and burn a copy. You can boot it from startup (CD first enabled in BIOS), and your on your way. best wishes..OJ

Reply to
old jon

The web page for UBCD (and Bart's) seems to say that they only run under XP. If this is incorrect I would love to hear about it, as I also run W2K.

Reply to
Antoine Dese

Antoine, I've had Ultimate Boot CD for awhile now (sorry guys, I guess I should have specified I was looking for -->>WINDOWS utilities, not DOS) and I'm pretty sure it works with Windows 2000 Professional. Make sure you're completely SvcPack/Rollup'd tho. ;)

Angel

Reply to
CURIOUS ANGEL

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.