Need Help with the disconnection problem on Windows XP SP2 using adsl modem connected through USB. The ISP has checked the lines several times but the results do not indicate any fault on the line. Moreover during the time of disconnection the DSL light stays constant on the modem that is the modem does not loose sync. Disconnection is random could be in 2-3 minutes or in 5-6 minutes.
Apart from the line check from ISP the following has been tried:
- Filters have been changed. All non-adsl devices unplugged. Physical setup is fine as per ISP tech support.
- Two different modem and one router has been tried still the same problem.
- Tried checking for spyware using spybot.
- Norton Firewall has been disabled.
- Winsock fix done that is deleting winsock and winsock2 folders and then re-installing TCP/IP.
- TCP/IP reset.
- MSCONFIG. All programs in the startup and non microsoft services disabled.
- Windows system restore has been tried.
- Complete virus scan using Norton Anti Virus.
The ISP technical support has suggested to format hard drive and reinstall OS. Is there any other way out or the OS needs to be reinstalled.
Thanks in Advance....