access to a workgroup via internet by pcanywhere 11.5

Hi, I have installed pcanywhere 11.5.1 on my laptop and one comuter in office and trying to conect to that computer from home via inter net with mylaptop. the problem is: when I am trying to conect my laptop from home, pcanywhere cannot connect to office computer while it work when I am in the office using the workgroup.I appreciate if any body can help me. Thanx Farid

Reply to
f_dalaie
Loading thread data ...

Why do you need PCAnywhere? Windows Remote Desktop comes with Windows XP, and does the same thing.

Reply to
Charles Newman

Most likely, your administrator has a firewall in place, which you seem to believe since you posted here.

You should talk to them to get access. You should probably do so

*before* they notice you have installed a very dangerous application without their permission. [Of course, if you did ask them, please neglect what I just said. And please ask your network administrator for help.]

That doesn't mean it's necessarily impossible to circumvent the firewall, but that's a topic best left for a different group/list, a more lofty purpose, and a more security-minded audience. Oh, do notice that circumventing firewalls tends to make your network administrator chase after you with an axe. ;-)

Joachim

Reply to
Joachim Schipper

You didn't answer the question, which is normal for you.

The OP's company has a firewall and is blocking his access. If he was permitted access the network admin would be happy to setup access via PCAW or some other means for him.

Reply to
Leythos

Speak to the admin at work about installing vnc and take his advice , I expect anything else will be unexceptable due to the firewall breach and he might want to offer you some physical harm :_) .

Reply to
atec

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.