A good firewall working fine in default?

Hi, I'd like to know it there are some firewalls working fine in default. I don't like to spend time to study. ;) thanks

bye Ulisse

Reply to
Ulisse
Loading thread data ...

Then pay someone else to secure your computer/network for you.

If you don't then I'll probably continue to see spam and other probes from compromised interbusiness.it boxes.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Edwards

formatting link
- doesn't work with WLAN, though.

Who does?

No problem.

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Thanks for your news. Now I have just tried ZA and it works fine in default way.

Reply to
Jones

Sincere condolences.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Just curious, by what process did you arrive at your conclusion that it "works fine in default way"?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

"Prevents your computer from actually doing ANYTHING, thus also preventing evil stuff" ;-)

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Oh, that ol' thing. Come on, it's not funny after the millionth time you see it.

Reply to
optikl

Whoever said that the truth has to be funny?

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

A NAT router works fine in its default state out of the box. It takes little or no configuration on your part and is easy to learn.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Volker Birk wrote: >

Thanks for the tip.

Certainly hope not.It's on dialup and only used at certain times - not every day, but a botnet master probably wouldn't care as long as he has control over the computer. I know they prefer broadband setups. About a week ago there was a segment on CNN showing one botnet master could control about 100,000 computers at one time. Amazing.

Reply to
Poster 60

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Isn't this an oxymoron? ;-)

Why do you think so? Usually botnets are build up automagically.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I would think the broadband speed would be advantageous.

Usually botnets are build up automagically.

Now that you mention that it does jar my memory - you're right.

Reply to
Poster 60

Hey, that's a serious issue. Symantec Suite of Norton stuff works exactly that way.

New: Norton CPU Eater. While it eats your CPU cycles, no evil software can run.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

If you want to install Symantec Software, you first have to install SoftRAM (tm) to double your RAM ;-)

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Already developed so far? The last time I heard of it it could only squeeze 3 possible states into a bit cell of memory. Now they got 4? ;-)

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

SoftRAM[0] was developed for Windows95 - if they kept up with Moore's Law they can probably already squeze 8 bits into one cell ;-)

[0] Does anybody actually remember that piece of crap? Times were hard back then - 128MB of RAM were high-end, Gigabytes were what you measured harddrives in... but only if you had RAID-arrays.

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.