Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PIX 515 DMZ can't access Internet
To all PIX experts, I have a PIX 515 running 6.3(3) software. Windows 2003 server (plan on using as FTP server) in the DMZ with private IP 192.168.17.100. This private IP is statically nat to a public...

2924xl
I need to put vlan's on each port of 2924xl. This switch is in an office building and we need to segment our addresses putting 1 customer on each port. This is to control the flow of traffic and see...

anyone???
AllI need is to get this thing out of backup mode. Anyone?

Cisco Security Agent instantiating Excel COM add-in on wrong thread
Hello, we sell an add-in to Excel, which is a COM object registered with threading model "single". When Cisco Security Agent is installed, it looks like our COM object is being instantiated not from...

show amount of traffic passing throw interface
Hi, what is the IOS command to view how much traffic is passing in/out an interface in a cisco switch/router? I need it in kbps it there such a command? thanks a lot ! Juan

load-sharing in two ethernet port of a router
HI, I have a new cisco 2821 and a HWIC-4ESW Card to form a three ethernet port Router; one port is connecting to LAN while the others are connecting two ISP Routers ( say the eth1 & WIC port ); How...

Replace 8port Dialogic voice card with Cisco?
I'm looking advice or suggestions on how to get rid of 2 Dialogic pci cards ($3000 a piece) in a windows dictation server. We are wanting to virtualize this server but the 8 physical dialogic ports...

Newbie question re back-to-back serial cables
I've just started working in my Cisco lab and I heard somewhere that you shouldn't disconnect back-to-back serial cables from the interfaces while the routers are powered on. Is there any truth to...

1801 router - Port Aggregation
Not sure why my first post did not take. Anyway, yes you could do that, split your nodes across the subnets and go that route. Of course if you had a slightly better switch, you could create two...

Settingup Qos
What are requirements/configurations I should consider in setting up Qos? Any suggestions?

PIX PDM problem
Hi all, Im having the problem that when configuring the pix in the pdm it times out and gives a username/password error. So is there a way to change the timeout for the pdm in the pdm/cli ? Many...

VPN Concentrator 3000 RADIUS issue. error = -9 ("ENOBUFS")
we have a Cisco VPN3000 concentrator and a Crypto-Server radius box for authentication of the users. This setup was working fine for a number of months and is now playing up, users in existing groups...

Join 2 Networks
The current topology is Network 1 I have 60 machines they get get IPs from a DHCP 192.168.0.x they all connect to 2 48 port cisco switch 2950XL and 1 1720 cisco router has two interfaces 1 to the...

2924-XL Port Aggregation (port-channel)
Hi, Does anyone know if the 2924-XL supports port aggregation, I want to bundle 2 ports together to give a faster uplink to the rest of the network. I have tried the commands: which if you type...

Can't ping loopback address
Why is your loopback a /16? Shouldn't it be a /32? Additionally, what are you pinging it from? Does the router with the loopback have a route back to the router that is pinging? Which interface is it...