Settingup Qos

What are requirements/configurations I should consider in setting up Qos?

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Trouble
Loading thread data ...

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Trouble

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Trouble

I think you taking wrong approach. First you should define your requirements (for example, voice, bandwidth, delay, other traffic, etc.), and then, based on these requirements, you should look for configuration. Each of listed requirements will change your configuration dramatically.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

Definitely agree with Mike, although I have heard auto-qos is a nice feature for smaller networks/enterprises. Never had a chance or situation where I could try it myself, but heard its nice if you don't have specific requirements like voice or EFT (electronic financial transactions) to prioritize without prejudice. Anybody ever use it and can provide some feedback?

Reply to
Trendkill

AutoQOS is available on Catalyst switches. Basically what is does - if it detects a Cisco IP Phone on the port, it marks traffic with certain CoS (Class of Service), may assign traffic to different queue (if hardware option available), etc. As well as marks all PC traffic (behind the phone) with "low priority" or "no priority". Basically it works with in LAN only. If you have WAN, then you have to tune everything manually - you will have more control.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.