Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

IOS RMON - monitoring Input Errors ?
Hi, Instead of using RMON event and alarm on a given interface, are there any way to do the same for several interfaces or all interfaces ? I am looking at a C4500 with 5 x 48 port cards, and i do not...

DHCP string for IPT
Hi, Any advise on how to get a DHCP option code 128 string passed to an IP phone from a 2821 router acting as a DHCP server. The router is issuing DHCP addresses on the data vlan as expected - the...

Error unsupported TCAM value size
Does anyone know what could cause the error below. It's on a WS-C3750G-24TS-E with flash: !!! WARNING: The switch is not usable !!! Reason: Error unsupported TCAM value size Actual value = 1, Expected...

krb5 authentication + ssh
We've got a cisco switch 3750 and what we are trying to do is make it authenticate using a kerberos server we already have for central authentication. What we've set is: aaa authentication login...

Question on 802.1q trunks and L2TPv3
I've got a 3640 router that's connected to a 3550 switch. The trunking is set up as dynamic desirable, and I need to change it to be a dot1q trunk. I'm having a little trouble getting that done. I...

3640 booting Large IOS (> 32MB)
Hi Everyone, I found some messages on this subject, and search for docs on but to no help at all. I am trying to tftp boot one of those large >32MB enterprise images that do not fit in any flash, but...

iBGP question.
Hi all, I have AS and own PI prefixes. I have 2 BGP routers in different locations (A and B). Router A announces some prefixes and B announces another prefixes. Between routers A and B is iBGP session...

Cisco 1841
Hi, We have buy Cisco 1841 ADVIP with VPN and all the kit. All works well, but we use many remote VPN by using Windows XP PPTP client. How can I allow multiple PPTP connexion over the router? Best...

Linksys SFE2000P - not really a Cisco
This little beastie has a very Cisco-esqe CLI, and after googling a few of the commands, I noticed that it is in fact identical to a Dell Powerconnect 3324 [amongst others], but not identical to IOS....

Virtual Switching System 1440
Do I understand correctly, that the VSS 1440 is a port of the well known stacking mechanisms known from other switches? So if the supervisor board VS-... will have an (on board) power outage, the 10GE...

QOS VOIP - Hosted IP PBX Provider
Hi, Cisco 1720 router with 1 internet T1 to a IP PBX hosted provider. I am having constant dropped calls, choppy, echoes, backup noises and clipped calls when using the IP phone. I would like to...

Packet Capturing
Hi all I want to do some 'sniffing' on my network due to users reporting speed issues on the LAN, I have PRTG installed but I am not seeing anything unusual in the graphs to indicate high utilisation...

Some wireless clients cannot detect my unbroadcast Aironet AP
hello, Some of the wireless clients (Windows XP Pro with built-in Intel ProSet G Wireless client) cannot detect my unbroadcast Aironet AP. It finally worked after I have updated the Intel driver and...

Disabling mls
Wondering what would be a reason for disabling mls for ip and ipv6 on a c6509. Thanks

IP changes
If I need to modify the subnet mask on one router and mask and IP on another can I use the ip address command - or do I need to delete the entry with no ip address then enter the new one?