Some wireless clients cannot detect my unbroadcast Aironet AP

hello, Some of the wireless clients (Windows XP Pro with built-in Intel ProSet G Wireless client) cannot detect my unbroadcast Aironet AP.

It finally worked after I have updated the Intel driver and the ProSet Software which downloaded from HP support web.

However, my new laptop with Vista is working prefectly fine. I have tested on another Windows XP with newer Intel Proset and it rocks.

Only enabled G (A is disabled) with WPA-PSK personal in my AP. Is there a reason why? Thanks Huang

Reply to
Mr_Huang
Loading thread data ...

Ummm, there was a bug in the driver?

Reply to
Thrill5

I've got more than one evidence in the past that wifi cards with old drivers, which were working fine in single ssid mode, started to have issues once switched the ap's to multi ssid mode, same ap's, same ssid properties, same ios as before. Bye, Tosh.

Reply to
Tosh

There are some versions of Windows (XP pre-SP3 certainly, I'm not sure what else) that have trouble connecting to non-broadcast SSIDs. I don't have many other details, I'm afraid.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Mr_Huang schrieb:

Use the Intel ProSET instead of the braindead Windows built-in supplicant. The Windows supplicant has problems connecting to hidden SSIDs, especially when broadcasted SSIDs are in range of the scanning client.

Reply to
Uli Link

~ > Some of the wireless clients (Windows XP Pro with built-in Intel ~ > ProSet G Wireless client) cannot detect my unbroadcast Aironet AP. ~ > ~ > It finally worked after I have updated the Intel driver and the ProSet ~ > Software which downloaded from HP support web. ~ ~ Use the Intel ProSET instead of the braindead Windows built-in supplicant. ~ The Windows supplicant has problems connecting to hidden SSIDs, ~ especially when broadcasted SSIDs are in range of the scanning client.

Supposedly this problem with XP WZC is fixed with

formatting link
"Changes for nonbroadcast networks") for SP2 and hence inherently in SP3.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.