Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Config Question - VPN on 3600 Series
Hello, We've got a 3600 series (3640) in our office here, running 12.3(9) , that we'd like to repurpose as a dedicated IPSec VPN box. We're currently using a 3725 as our main router, with clients on...

Config question etherchannel and ASA
Looking for a definitive answer that it is not possible to set up multiple ports on a ASA for etherchannel back to a switch. I know this can be done switch to switch and even router to switch, but I...

What is the default precedence: local-route, static-route, OSPF-route?
Hi What is the default precedence: local-route, static-route, OSPF-route? Based on ipForwardProto (2/1/13) Need a reference (RFC?) Thanks in advance Ilan

newbie: voice modules
As a newbie with a 2600 router I'm finding it difficult to understand what voice modules are all about and whether there's any advantage to having one. I've done some trawling on google, found a few...

6509-E Support Required
I have 3 of these units in service and am looking for a CCIE that can help me re-config my edge and core network. Please email direct and you must be located in the U.S. - willing to pay so email with...

Copy all files from tftp to flash and vice versa, possible?
Hi, I have 6 2610XM-2611XM routers that I need to upgrade the IOS for and I have about 10 configuration files backed up in the flash file system. The flash file system has enough space but when I try...

ipsec vpn to pix 500
I am going to be setting up an ipsec vpn between two pix 500 series firewalls. Is there a gui tool that will allow you to do this. Thanks

NAT to dynamic IP?
Hi all I want to do some NAT overload with ip nat inside source route-map RM interface FastEthernet1/0 overload Of course the router is using its ip address as inside global. Because i want to...

Addind a Cisco 3560 switch on to an existing network
I have no idea how to add on an additional Cisco 3560 switch. Can it be linked on to another switch and what else will I need to do this?

Stuck on ACL's
Hello I have created a few VLANs on my Cisco routing switch (3550), VLAN 101 Office PC=92s, printer, so on.. VLAN 102 Servers accessible from the Internet on specific ports thru the Firewall VLAN 104...

PIX SNMP logging and Traps to HP- O View
Hi, I have a Pix 525 and I have setup SNMP Traps syslog to HP OpenView "BUT" it's sending everything including permits and denys. All I want to send is Critical traps e.g. Interface downs - power offs...

Specify Outgoing/Responding IP
Have Cisco 37xx series router. On its DS3 wan interface it has a 99.x.x.x public IP address. On its lan interface it has a 172.x.x.x private IP address. The 172 address just routes between it and...

cisco wic-1adsl wan card connect to ISP
Cisco 2651XM router fitted with WIC-1ADSL interface card 1) the cisco doc for the wic-adsl card says that when the CD light is flashing this means it's training with DSLAMs, but the light flashes in...

ip nat translation port-timeout -- WHICH port?
Hi, A question about port-timeout: Which port does this refer to, the inside or outside port. For example: ip nat translation port-timeout udp 123 30 Is this the 123/udp on the inside or outside...

Throughput: Limited on Pix 506
Hello all, I don't know if this is the good place for this question. If not, please tell where to post. I actually own a Pix 506E. I want to buy another one in case of crash of the first one. The idea...