Xmit-Err and Rcv-Err via SNMP?

You guys happen to know of any good online resources? I'm trying to find out if I can get errors on older CATs via SNMP. Specifically, I need Xmit-Err and Rcv-Err.

(From the "show port x/y" command):

[...snip...]

Port Align-Err FCS-Err Xmit-Err Rcv-Err UnderSize

----- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- --------- 2/1 0 2775 0 32480 0 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I believe these counters are also represented by the name "Dot3StatsInternalMacTxErrs" & "Dot3StatsInternalMacRxErrs"

Marco

Reply to
Marco Shaw
Loading thread data ...

.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInErrors .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14

.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutErrors .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.20

.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.transmission.dot3.dot3StatsTable.dot3StatsEntry .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.7.2.1

Has a number of counters that break the error type out. Look at RFC 1284 for details.

The above "interfaces" MIBs are defined (with descriptions) in RFC1213.

Reply to
Bod43

See ETHERNET.MIB for mentioned objects .1.3.6.1.2.1.35...(cisco.com snmplink.org)

Hans nh1.homeip.net

Reply to
Hans-Dieter Kreutzner

Marco

Now you've been given the OIDs you can take a "walk" - a it were - over them to see whether or not, for the IP node implementation in which you are interested, they have been - in the language of SNMP - "instantiated". My experience - not with Cisco - is that the "dot3Stats" table from RFC 1284 can rely on an SNMP subagent associated with the Ethernet adapter.

Interestingly enough, most of the counters are kept by the little black box on the floor of my office which enables me to bring you this information!

Chris Mas> Marco Shaw wrote:

Reply to
Chris Mason

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.