Access ACL's via SNMP

Hi People!

I'd like to access my Router's or Layer 3 Switches (many different Cisco machines) via SNMP, especially the access-lists on it. The goal would be to write a tool, that updates the acl's on the cisco machines automatically.

Unfortunately I can't find the OID for access-lists at all. If I do a snmp-walk through the whole cisco MIB, I don't find any acl's that are set on the router.

Has anybody ever done this? Thanks for a reply!

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Loading thread data ...

In article , Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote: :I'd like to access my Router's or Layer 3 Switches (many different Cisco :machines) via SNMP, especially the access-lists on it. The goal would be :to write a tool, that updates the acl's on the cisco machines :automatically.

:Unfortunately I can't find the OID for access-lists at all.

Very few of them are available.

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks. I did a lot of googling, and finally found out, that the only reasonable way to push acl's via snmp is to simply invoke the tftp command via snmp to get the acl's. Everything else is too limited (I don't have CATOS but IOS, and so on...)

Thanks a lot wogri

Reply to
Wolfgang Hennerbichler

snmpset .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.53. s

works on a cat4k with IOS

Reply to
Lothar Hofmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.