Wireless 831 router

Here's my setup...We've just cutover from a RIP WAN to an OSPF WAN. We have laptop carts that connect to Cisco 1100 Access Points and Cisco

831 wireless routers. Ever since the cutover, our laptops see the router, get an IP from the DHCP scope configured on the router, see the SSID, however cannot get out to the Internet or get shared network drives.

Our router configurations are very basic...

Router RIP network 10.0.0.0 version 2

Do I need to change this to OSPF? Its puzzling, because to my layer 2 switches, the router is just a smart switch with DHCP capability. The only thing I can think of is that the RIP configuration needs to be removed on the router. But again, it's just a glorified switch hanging off my layer 2 switch segments... I've plugged my laptop directly into the 831's switchport, still no connectivity. I've got sites that are still on the RIP WAN that have no problem connecting to the Internet. Please advise if anyone has any knowledge. Greatly appreciated...

BobG.

Reply to
bobg30
Loading thread data ...

If the site in question was converted from a RIP-based WAN to an OSPPF-based WAN, then it would seem logical that the routing process on the router at your site that connected to the new WAN would have to have it routing process changed.

Reply to
Merv

It sounds like you need to configure route distribution from the ospf region into the rip process on the 831 router so that it knows about the ospf networks. That way it knows how to reach those networks.

Adil

Reply to
AN

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.