WAN/VPN lnks to China

Kind of an off-beat question: I read an article recently that all Internet traffic leaving and entering China is inspected by Cisco routers for illegal and anti-government content (as determined by the government). For anyone connecting to remote offices in mainland China, does this traffic inspection by the government affect performance of WAN or VPN links to your remote sites?

Reply to
tekcisco
Loading thread data ...

I just went thru this for one of my customers not too long ago. From my dealing there are 2 different "networks" in China now. Both are government controlled. The first has some kind of crazy inspection stuff going on, you cannot build a VPN to it, it uses privates to the customer and the edge CPE equipment was government controlled. The 2nd is essentially a standard network. For the 2nd a special permit needs to be granted, turn around time was about 2 1/2 months. Once we got the permit and IP's the tunnels came up fine and have been running great for about 6 months now

Reply to
Brian V

So it sounds like the government keeps this second network to allow foreign companies to do business. What entity did you work with to get the permit for the IPs? Any suggestions for who to talk to state-side about more tech. details?

Thanks.

Brian V wrote:

Reply to
tekcisco

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.