WallWatcher stopped logging

Hi there,

I don't know who's familiar with WallWatcher, but about 2 weeks ago all the "syslogs servers" stopped logging. (XP Sp2). I assume is one of the windows update wonders or something... Has anyone faced the same issue ?

Cheers,

Julian

Reply to
Julian Dragut
Loading thread data ...

Have you verified that the router is still generating log records and sending them to the computer runnning WallWatcher?

Have you checked the software firewall on the computer running WallWatcher, to see whether it's blocking communication from the router's LAN address to WallWatcher on UDP port 514?

And, is the correct router selected on WallWatcher's ROUTER menu, and is 514 the port displayed on that menu?

-Dan Tseng WallWatcher author

Reply to
newsgroups

Hi Dan,

I've installed the WW on another server and pointed the logging host to that one on the PIX's config and everything works just fine! Took the non-working ww machine on a different network with a different pix, known working, and the ww still doesn't log anything. I ran the ethereal on the "non working ww" and I don't see anything coming on either ports 162/514. I'm out if ideas....:-(.

Thank you,

Julian

Reply to
Julian Dragut

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.