voip over adsl?

hello,

i'm having 256 kbps adsl connection from service providor.

i want to setup voip phone upon it & also want to share the same connection between three pc, currently working on only one.

i'm having adsl modem installed by service providor.

what kinds of equipments do i need to do sharing as well as having voip calls using regular phones.

do i need to have purchase regular voip router which can also share connection, or do i need to have specific differnt one for ADSL.?

does it work with existing adsl modem or does i have to change it?

i'll look foreward for any reply.

thanks in advance krunal

Reply to
jariwalakrunal
Loading thread data ...

Hi Krunal,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco Linksys Connected Home Voice & Telephone Tutorial:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA/Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I have Vonage with a linksys RT31P2 connected though Comcast. It has a built-in NAT router that supports multiple PCs. The RT31P2 is similar to the Linksys BEFSR41 except it has 3 ethernet and 2 phone ports. It works well except when Comcast has a problem.

- Mooron

Reply to
mooron

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.