Using 16MB PCMCIA Flash Cisco1600

Hi All,

I have a 16MB flash card which is being recognised correctly by the Router. The problem I am having is that when I do a show ver the message I receive is device read only. I have attempted all the usual things like changing the config-register from 0x2102 to 0x2101 and also tried 0x101.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Jack.

Reply to
jackwik
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com skrev:

Have you tried formatting it?

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

There is no format option on the 1600 only partition which it will not let me do as the device is in read only mode.

Jack.

Reply to
jackwik

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ha escrito:

This information from Cisco's site could bring us some light. " Caution: The 1600 Series can be run-from-flash (classic 1600) or run-from-RAM (1600-R). If the name of the image is "c1600-xxx-l", it is a run-from-flash router. If the name of the image is "c1600-xxx-mz", it is a run-from-ram router. Run-from-flash routers run their Cisco IOS software directly from the Flash memory, so removing the Flash card from a running router stops the router. " Flash memory is only used to run IOS, or store it in 1600-R. So that, the only thing you can write in flash memory is IOS. Do you want to change your IOS version in an obsolete router? If so, you can find additional information in

formatting link
think there is no way to do what you're trying, if your router is a

1600, not 1600-R. In best case, good luck

Pepe Rodriguez

Reply to
PepeRdguez

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ha escrito:

This information from Cisco's site could bring us some light. " Caution: The 1600 Series can be run-from-flash (classic 1600) or run-from-RAM (1600-R). If the name of the image is "c1600-xxx-l", it is a run-from-flash router. If the name of the image is "c1600-xxx-mz", it is a run-from-ram router. Run-from-flash routers run their Cisco IOS software directly from the Flash memory, so removing the Flash card from a running router stops the router. " Flash memory is only used to run IOS, or store it in 1600-R. So that, the only thing you can write in flash memory is IOS. Do you want to change your IOS version in an obsolete router? If so, you can find additional information in

formatting link
think there is no way to do what you're trying, if your router is a

1600, not 1600-R. In best case, good luck

Pepe Rodriguez

Reply to
PepeRdguez

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com skrev:

I have had similar problems in the past and would have to format it on a diffirent router capable of doing so before using it in the 1600 router.

If i recall correctly I managed to format it in a 6500 and a 2600. You may get lucky with other routers as well.

If you have no such router, then I'm afraid I don't know what you could do.

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

You might give this a try...

formatting link

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.