Upgrade 515E pix from R to UR?

If I want to upgrade a 515E-R to 515E-UR is there a better way than buying a used PIX off eBay or what? I need more than 64MB of RAM ....

Reply to
just bob
Loading thread data ...

It depends... Differences between UR and R are following - 1) VAC+ (IPSec accelerator); 2) 128MB of DRAM vs 64MB; 3) unlimited connections;

4) more interfaces. If you just need more memory - you can add without any problem. I believe it was PC100 standard, either one or two DIMMs. If you need more interfaces and connections, you will have to find somebody who can sell you upgrade license. Or just buy UR from eBay :-)

Regards, Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

yeah just upgrade the ram and buy the license. The Ram is generic, pop the case open take the ram out and find something off ebay by the same manufacturer and same specs - you dont have to buy cisco ram.

Flamer

Reply to
die.spam

You may find it's as cheap or cheaper to replace it with an ASA 5510 instead of purchasing an upgrade license. q.v. the 515E's end-of-sale and end-of-life announcement:

formatting link

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.