PIX 515E question...

I am going to be needing a firewall for my network. I will be getting the PIX 515E (unless others are suggested) to handle both firewall and vpn functions. It will be the Unrestricted version with at leat 4 ethernet ports. There will be 2 sperate networks coming into this, along with a DMZ later on for a FTP server. I need to know if i can set the PIX up so that a dial-in client can only access one of the networks, not both, when they establish the vpn connection.

Let me know asap becuase i am ready to order.

Thanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803
Loading thread data ...

Yes. The VPN client user has to enter a group name and group password. Each distinct group name corresponds to a different vpngroup in the configuration. Each vpngroup can be configured to use a different ip pool for the dynamic IP given to the client. You can then configure your ACLs so that the different IP ranges for those pools have different accesses.

The Unrestricted version is much more expensive than the Restricted, and depending on your other equipment and your requirements you might be able to handle the 4th interface via an 802.1Q vlan, thus allowing you to use Restricted instead of Unrestricted.

But personally these days if I were looking to get a 515E Unrestricted I would have a careful look at the Cisco 55x0 Security Appliances.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi Jason,

Currently have quantity 53 of SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Refurbished PIX-515E-R-BUN available with a list price of $2,692

And quantity 37 of SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Refurbished PIX-515E-UR-BUN available with a list price of $5,385

formatting link
Please call Reggie Grant in Asheville, North Carolina for competitive pricing.

Toll Free: 877-549-2680 or 828-277-7272

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

I got a Cisco PIX 515E UR with 4 Ethernet ports with 3 year warranty for $3200.

Thanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803

At that price, my -suspicion- would be that you got it used, perhaps from auction. If so, then unless you are in some parts of Europe, you do not have a proper license to use the device, and would need to "relicense" it from Cisco before you could put it on support or even get one of the free security upgrades.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.