Its getting bigger now

Guys

I have 3 vlans configured on Extreme 48si switches(using it as L2 switch) from which one uplink trunks all the vlan to a cisco L3 router. (FE ports here) . I have approximately 10 such L2's connecting to a cisco L3 router to different ports but all carrying the same vlan traffic.

I am recently finidng lot of delay and packet drop in the network. For example when a host in first L2 switch pings a host in the 10th L2 switch there is packet delay (switch 1 and switch 10 talks via the L3 cisco). I am clueless of where I am going wrong.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Let me know if more details required

Thanks Prashant R

Reply to
prashant.kumarr
Loading thread data ...

Have you looked at the port counters on the L3 switch? Probably don't want to speculate at this point, could be too many things....but hardware issues (including fiber/gbics), over-subscription, or code are things to keep in mind. May also want to look at show int on the L3 switch interfaces when you are experiencing the issue (i.e. looking at utilization). Show proc cpu as well to see if you are hitting any challenges on the l3 processing side. Could also be as simple as speed/duplex....is it happening on multiple ports/switches?

Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.