Help! How can I get the latest IOS for my new 837 router?

Hi all,

I've dealt with DrayTek kit before now, but today I've purchased a second hand Cisco 837 ADSL router from eBay.

How the heck can I obtain the most recent IOS and/or firmware? I'd like to get it updated to the latest release before I start to configure it.

From what I can tell from the nightmare Cisco website, I have to be a Cisco partner in order to download it. But I bought it from eBay, and as such I don't have a partner, or a reseller, or a VAR....

According to show version the router has the following:

Router>show version Cisco IOS Software, C837 Software (C837-K9O3Y6-M), Version 12.3(8)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) Technical Support:

formatting link
(c) 1986-2004 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Fri 03-Sep-04 08:34 by eaarmas

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r)YN, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Router uptime is 1 minute System returned to ROM by power-on System image file is "flash:c837-k9o3y6-mz.123-8.T4.bin"

Many thanks for your time,

Jim Willsher

Reply to
Joe Bloggs
Loading thread data ...

Do you have any contact that has a CCO login? This would be a start. However, you still need to license the software through Cisco.

Reply to
ttrotter01

The following document should give you more information about the procedure:

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.