Suggestion for a VPN concentrator?

Hi folks,

do you have any any suggestion for a concentrator that should manage about 100 connection from teleworkers? Is the ASA series the only one available for this purpose?

TIA Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

connection from teleworkers?

Alex, It depends on what you want out of your vpn. We went with a 1841 router. With the security bundle. It'll handle over 100 tunnels. We have an RSA SecureID (which ties into our MS active directory)so all our traveling workers carry a key fob whuch has a numeric key which changes every minute. For logging I have a syslog server and have logging turned on the router and firewall. I can see who loggs in when they log in what IP the router gave them and when they log out with logging on the router. The logging on the firewall cross references the log from the router and can see where people go after the router issues an IP.

Reply to
jmeyer

connection from teleworkers?

Alex, I would recommend ASA 5510 which can support 150 tunnels. or you use a

1800 series which can support 800 tunnels. The ASA will give you better performance to 1800 series. As a best practise use routers for site-to-site vpn and asa for remote access
Reply to
Satnam.Bhamra

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.