SSH connection not valid until PDM launched

I've seen this before. You need to generate and save an RSA key.

Do this "ca generate rsa key

and then save it with this "ca save all"

When you pdm to the pix, it appears to generate on automajically, but it deletes after a reboot.

Joe

Reply to
yfriend14424
Loading thread data ...

I'm getting started on the self-study exam certification guide for 642-521. Occasionally I run into some difficulties while experimenting with my Cisco Pix box. One of them is as follows:

I cannot connect to my PIX box via SSH. But if I go to start the PDM via Internet Explorer I get prompted to accept a certificate. Whether I say yes or no doesn't matter - because now my SSH will connect successfully to the PIX! It seems that presentation of the certificate via trying to start the PDM causes SSH to be able to connect. If I view an Ethereal dump of the SSH session that doesn't work I see that the Cisco PIX is reporting a checksum error back to my client PC.

Can anyone explain this to me, and how to make my SSH connection not dependant on launching the PDM?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Reply to
Tom Edelbrok

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.