PIX 501 PDM Oddity

Hello,

I just received a Pix 501 (I want to create a small VPN so a couple of team members can connect to my version control system). I've hooked it up and tried to use the web based Pix Device Manager from my Sun Blade

1000 running Solaris 10. I can mouse around and see things but PDM completely ignores my keystrokes! I can select items (or 'wizards' and such but I can't enter data into any of the edit fields...

So, I've managed to telnet into the PIX and have the basics working but I was thinking the VPN wizard might help me out since I don't know much about VPN setup issues.

Have I just missed some security thing? Like I have read-only access when logged in via PDM, but read-write when logged in via telnet?

Thanks,

Reply to
Hank Zoeller
Loading thread data ...

In article , Hank Zoeller wrote: :I just received a Pix 501 (I want to create a small VPN so a couple of :team members can connect to my version control system). I've hooked it :up and tried to use the web based Pix Device Manager from my Sun Blade :1000 running Solaris 10. I can mouse around and see things but PDM :completely ignores my keystrokes!

You may be running into issues with incompatable java versions. Which JRE are you using and which browser (and version) ?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

OH! Good call -- thank you!

I was running Java 1.5 using Mozilla 1.7 (the defaults with Solaris 10). I just tried connecting with a laptop running Win2K, Explorer and JRE

1.4.something and it works. Sheesh!

OK, now I'm getting started with the VPN wizard. Initially I would like to have my users connect using the Windows native VPN client. I'm going to use a local user database. Any words of wisdom?

BTW, where does the Cisco client software come from? I was sort of expecting it to be on the CD in the package with the firewall. I've got the 10 (local and VPN) user license.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Hank Zoeller

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.