SNTP Question

I'm tryn to set the SNTP on my router (SOHO77). i have an atm0.1 pp int and eth0 int configured with my public IPs. I saw that when a SNTP makes a request, the request leave the router with point to point interface IP address. My ADSL provider does not permit communications on point to point interfaces, and i never recieve the SNTP server respons. How i can set SNTP so that the request starts with addresses of my eth interface?

Thanks

Reply to
MaiO
Loading thread data ...

For NTP (note NTP not SNTP) there is a command "ntp source-interface" that can be used to control the source IP address in a NTP request.

You could see if the SOHO 77 will: a) accept this command b) respect the command when generating a SNTP request

Reply to
Merv

on my SOHO77 there is not a support for ntp. Is there some escamotage for doing this even with SNTP?

Tnx

Reply to
MaiO

Setup a PC on inside network to get time form Internet vioa NTP or SNTP. Then point SOHO77 at PC to get tiem.

Reply to
Merv

Too complicated. Mi situation is LAN-----PIX-----ROUTER. I tought, if i set up a loopback interface, the sntp outgoing packet what source IP thay will have?

Reply to
MaiO

The router will normally use the IP address of the interface "closest" (from a routing perspective) to the destination.

PIX supports NTP ...

Reply to
Merv

I know that and on PIX there is configured allready ntp andy funcions marvelously.

Can PIX act as NTP server?

Tnx

Reply to
MaiO

AFAIK the PIX can only be an NTP client not as an NTP server

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.