877 ADSL

I have just loaded an 877 with 15.1 IOS

c870-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M1.bin

the config is the same as i was using with 12.4

If the is no traffic through the modem for about 10 mins the ATM seems to go to sleep.

ping atm int a0 0 34 seg give no response

I can issue the " shut" "no shut" command to int ATM0 but this doesnt help.

Also tried disconnecting the DSL cable waiting 1 minute then plugging back in

Only way to get the ATM working is to reload the 877

With 12.4 i didnt have this problem, and i had ADSL firmware 4.0.15 loaded (adsl_alc_20190.bin)

Is there something new in 15.1 i am missing to keep it alive constantly

interface ATM0 description Physical ADSL (ATM) interface no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive ! interface ATM0.1 point-to-point description Virtuele ADSL sub-interface ip address dhcp ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly in atm route-bridged ip pvc 0/34 encapsulation aal5snap

Reply to
Supersleuth
Loading thread data ...

Upadate:

I found the the 877 just randomly hangs a hard reset is need to get the ADSL working again.

I returned to 12.4(24) and so far it works fine again

Looks like 15.1 needs a lot of working on. I'll wait a few month and try a newer version and trst that.

If any Cisco firmware guys read this and want more info i'll be only too happy to help.

Reply to
Supersleuth

Hi,

Interesting ...

Find below cropped output of my 876W. Never had this problem. I'm running it this way for months.

Andre

System image file is "flash:c870-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M.bin" Cisco 876W (MPC8272) processor (revision 2.0) with 236544K/25600K bytes of memory.

53248K bytes of processor board System flash (Intel Strataflash)
Reply to
fote98cisco

I am using 15.1(2)T1 and 4.0.210 ADSL firmware and it is fine. I do have maxed out RAM fitted, so maybe 15.1 needs more RAM?

Reply to
Stephen Worthington

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.