SIP/dial peer redundancy on cisco voice gw

Hi, I have AS5400 that should point to 2 sip proxies in case first one fails. First: how do I define 2 sip proxies ? ! now I defined only first proxy sip-ua sip-server ipv4:x.x.x.x

As for now, I defined 2 dialpeers that are the same but on actually has higher preference that the other. In dial peers I am using ip addresses of 2 proxies: dial-peer voice 100 voip session target ipv4:x.x.x.x dial-peer voice 200 voip session target ipv4:y.y.y.y preference 5

But, when first proxy fails, cisco is still using first dial peer and sending all sip invite's to dead proxy. How do I do failover functionality on cisco ?

thanks, jmiklo

Reply to
jmiklo
Loading thread data ...

Hi Jmiklo,

You can use the preference command to configure protocols for a destination-pattern but prefer one over the other, and fall back to the secondary dial-peer if the primary destination is unavailable.

Below is an example configuration of a couple of dial-peers:

! dial-peer voice 1 voip description - H323 dial peer destination-pattern 1... session target ipv4:10.1.1.1 ! dial-peer voice 2 voip description SIP dial peer destination-pattern 2... session protocol sipv2 session target ipv4:10.1.1.2 !

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I am not sure if I understand ... you are not using "preference" command here. I only use sip protocol, but have 2 sip proxies. After first dp is unavailable, for some reason, it didn't fallback to second dp. Maybe I need to tweak sip timers in sip-ua.

thanks, jmiklo

Reply to
jmiklo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.