Default GW

Hi guys,

I have a request to connect two ISP on the same GW (Router 1760), and i need to have load balancing between them (Only one router, with two WAN interface and a LAN interface), and i have a 515 pix connected as shown below.

--------------------------ISP1 ----------CoreSwitch4506-------------PIX515------------- Router1760

---------------------------ISP2

I need to load balance between ISP, I have thought of Route maps, or two default routes with same hop count and administrative distance on the 1760, but this might work only for outbound traffic, what about inbound?

Kindly note that having a GW for each ISP is not feasible.

Regards, Andy.

Reply to
Andy
Loading thread data ...

----------CoreSwitch4506-------------PIX515------------- Router1760---------------------------ISP1 & ISP2

Reply to
Andy

What is the inbound traffic? if its email, then have 2 equal MX records, if its web 2 ip addresses for the same name, if its vpn traffic from a client use the backup server option - vpn can't really load balance just failover - each type of use will have its own requirements for inbound...

Reply to
Martin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.