SIP on CIsco Routers

Hi, been looking for someone who's tried this...

I have a Vwic module for a 2600, and I wonder if I can connect an analogue phone to it to use as a sip gateway....

furthermore I wonder if it is possible to connect a pstn line and use the router as a SIP gateway for imbound calls ?

anyone tried this ?

Will

Reply to
Will Plaice
Loading thread data ...

What exactly do you have?

The only VWICs are T1 interfaces.

If you have a VIC-2FXS you'll need to put it in an NM-1V or NM-2V (or any of the newer more complex ones, but these are the basic ones), and with the right IOS load, you'll be able to run a phone off the VIC-2FXS card.

And you'd need a VIC-2FXO card to do that. Again, it'd have to go into a NM-1V or NM-2V card to insert into the 2600. Obviously, if you wanted to do both inbound and outbond in the same box, you'll want the NM-2V so you can stick both the VIC-2FXS and VIC-2FXO cards in, and you can have two calls in and two calls out to phones.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Reply to
Will Plaice

sorry to clarify...

I have a VIC-2FXO and an NM2V

are you saying that I can configure this so that I can take PSTN calls in and drop them onto an IP handset... or for the time being pc ?

sorry, I know very little about voice on cisco I've done all my VOIP on Avaya... my cisco exp. is all on bigger stuff...

thanks very much for any info !

W.

Reply to
Will Plaice

Usually, the SIP infrastructure is a bit more involved than that, but the cisco docs have some pretty wide range of configuration options that could degernate into your test case.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.