Reset of PIX console port.

I tried to access my PIX525 through minicom under Linux. Unfortunately I didn't disable the modem feature before starting minicom. Now the PIX doesn't respond on console port even using HyperTerminal. Is there a command to reset the console port without reloading the PIX?

Or is that the only way? :(

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

I tried to access my PIX525 through minicom under Linux. Unfortunately I didn't disable the modem feature before starting minicom. So minicom sent the init string to the serial port. Now the PIX doesn't respond on console port even using HyperTerminal. I think that the serial port got confused. Is there a command to reset the console port without reloading the PIX?

Alex.

Reply to
AM

I tried to access my PIX525 through minicom under Linux. Unfortunately I didn't disable the modem feature before starting minicom. So minicom sent the init string to the serial port. Now the PIX doesn't respond on console port even using HyperTerminal. I think that the serial port got confused. Is there a command to reset the console port without reloading the PIX?

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Hi,

not sure if this is the solution, but you could try and set the console timeout to 1 (minute), it defaults to 0, which means that it does never time out. The relevant command is:

console timeout 1

Regards,

snipped-for-privacy@solutionfinders.nl

Reply to
helpdesk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.