Replace Aironet 350 Workgroup

I have an existing wireless network utilizing an Aironet 350 Bridge and two remote locations connected to the bridge with Aironet 350 Workgroup bridges. One location has outgrown the WGB's limit of 8 clients and I need to replace it. I have checked the cisco website and phoned their prepurchase support to see if the Aironet 1300 bridge will connect to my 350 bridge as a replacement for the WGB. Prepurchase support had no idea whether or not it would work so I am asking here. I was looking at purchasing a Aironet 1300 Wireless Bridge - Model AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R. Will this device associate with the 350 bridge I have, which is running VXWorks version 11.10T1.

Current configuration

350WGB 350 Bridge 350WGB

Proposed configuration

350WGB 350 Bridge 1310 Bridge

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Reply to
bbrenn
Loading thread data ...

| I have an existing wireless network utilizing an Aironet 350 Bridge and | two remote locations connected to the bridge with Aironet 350 Workgroup | bridges. One location has outgrown the WGB's limit of 8 clients and I | need to replace it.

I think I can tell you how to remove the 8 client limit on the WGB if you like...

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

| Please do tell

From the top level menu, type "zyxcba". Type return to see the zyxcba menu. Select "device" then XMC for a device type. It will tell you the MAC address and ask for a password. Mail me the MAC address and I'll make a password.

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Dan I have been trying to email you but my emails keep coming back undeliverable could you send me an email to snipped-for-privacy@dauphin.ca and I will reply.

Reply to
bbrenn

Ignore my last post

Reply to
bbrenn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.