aironet 350 replacement

I am looking to replace my 350 because one is having an intermittent failure. I am using them in a point to point configuration between two buildings about 1/4 mile apart using a yagi antenna. Worked fine until the intermittent failure.

I am looking at the aironet 1240, 1230 and 1310. From the documentation it seems all would work. Only the antenna is outside so doesn't need to be rugged. APs are inside buiding powerered by power injectors.

Anyone have a suggestion for one of these or something else. Have any pros or cons?

Mike

Reply to
mpmc1
Loading thread data ...

Hi Mike,

Regarding intermittent failure, you may wish to investigate:

Radio Frequency Interference

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks Brad,

Already tried a replacement 350 (borrowed) same configuration and it has worked fine for a week. Need to give back the AP

Mike

formatting link
wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
mpmc1

It may not be worth repairing.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Repair

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

~ I am looking to replace my 350 because one is having an intermittent ~ failure. I am using them in a point to point configuration between two ~ buildings about 1/4 mile apart using a yagi antenna. Worked fine until ~ the intermittent failure. ~ ~ I am looking at the aironet 1240, 1230 and 1310. From the ~ documentation it seems all would work. Only the antenna is outside so ~ doesn't need to be rugged. APs are inside buiding powerered by power ~ injectors. ~ ~ Anyone have a suggestion for one of these or something else. Have any ~ pros or cons? ~ ~ Mike

Any one of the 1230, 1240 or 1310 would do the job. The 1310 is ruggedized for outdoor use, and also supports longer bridging distances (not relevant in your case.)

Unless you need to put the AP outdoors, I would get the 1240, as it supports both 11g and 11a (might be nice to bridge using 11a, because it would avoid interference on the increasingly congested 2.4GHz band), and because it has more RAM/flash and a faster processor than the 1230.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.