Reducing multilink "packets late drop" count...

I'm trying to run VoIP on a PPP multilink interface, but even with QoS policies in place, I am dropping a lot of packets. Showing the interface counters shows a high number of "packets late drop" which I'm not sure if there is a way to correct. I've searched through the documentation but can't find anything that really describes what happens here, maybe the packets took too long to be fragmented to be sent out? Here's what the counters look like after a few minutes:

5 minute output rate 509000 bits/sec, 136 packets/sec 69247 packets input, 5745307 bytes, 0 no buffer Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort 75863 packets output, 33284339 bytes, 0 underruns 54 packets late drop, 69788 bytes late drop 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out 0 carrier transitions

Anyone else run into this problem with multilink ppp, and is it preventable?

Thanks,

Brian

Reply to
Brian McCrary
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.