Cisco 7204 with E3 => Interface Down

Hi

what is the best process for see where is the probleme ?

i have a Cisco 7204 with NPE225, a PA-E3 and:

C7204#sh interface Serial2/0 Serial2/0 is down, line protocol is down Hardware is M1T-E3 pa Internet address is 172.20.2.221/30 MTU 4470 bytes, BW 34010 Kbit, DLY 200 usec, reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255 Encapsulation HDLC, crc 16, loopback not set Keepalive set (10 sec) Restart-Delay is 0 secs Last input 2d05h, output 2d05h, output hang never Last clearing of "show interface" counters 3d00h Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0 Queueing strategy: fifo Output queue: 0/40 (size/max) 5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec 5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec 24 packets input, 1379 bytes, 0 no buffer Received 8 broadcasts (0 IP multicasts) 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles 0 parity 1 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 1 abort 36 packets output, 2746 bytes, 0 underruns 0 output errors, 0 applique, 7 interface resets 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out 13 carrier transitions rxLOS inactive, rxLOF inactive, rxAIS active txAIS inactive, rxRAI inactive, txRAI active

the second 7204, same configuration, the serial are Up but protocol are down, but i see

C7204-2#sh interfaces serial 1/0 Serial1/0 is up, line protocol is down Hardware is M1T-E3 pa Internet address is 172.20.2.222/30 MTU 4470 bytes, BW 34010 Kbit, DLY 200 usec, reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255 Encapsulation HDLC, crc 16, loopback not set Keepalive set (10 sec) Restart-Delay is 0 secs Last input never, output 00:00:02, output hang never Last clearing of "show interface" counters 2d23h Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0 Queueing strategy: fifo Output queue: 0/40 (size/max) 5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec 5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec 0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles 0 parity 18 input errors, 18 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort 25916 packets output, 626716 bytes, 0 underruns 0 output errors, 0 applique, 9 interface resets 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out 19 carrier transitions rxLOS inactive, rxLOF inactive, rxAIS inactive txAIS inactive, rxRAI active, txRAI inactive

he lost line are not same, on the first router, i have AIS in red

thanks for your help

Reply to
Mag
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

Are those interfaces connected together? Have you tried the "no shut" command on the s2/0 interface of C7204?

Giorgos

Reply to
geoar75

Hi

thanks for your help:

The interface are Connected by a E3 34 Mbits Telephonica, and telephonica say that he don't see a problems.

Yes, i have shut/no shut and today we have change the card without change

bye mag

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com a écrit :

Reply to
Mag

Standard telco troubleshooting would be put in hardware loopback (ie. connect Rx back to Tx) in the cabling to try to determine the problem.

Ie. you can loopback facing your hardware at your telco demarc and make sure that your router can see the loop (the interface should come up/up and looped). This shows that your cabling and hardware are good enough to see the physical circuit up.

You can loopback facing the telco at one location, and see if your far end can see it. If the far end can't see it, then ask the telco if *they* can see the loopback facing them. (they probably will have to get a CO technician to break into the circuit to see this).

If they can't, then tell them that you are looping back to them at their handoff, and the problem is in their line and they need to come figure out where the break is and fix it.

And you can repeat this procedure at the other end as well.

You can also throw up loopbacks inside your router hardware, but I find this is not usually as reliable as doing cable loopbacks.

I'd start at the end that was down/down not receiving anything, although it could be the transmit side of the far end receiving AIS.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

The "interface down" may be caused by a physical layer issue, such as the cable or the interface itself. Since you already tried another interface, you should also check the cable as well.

On the other router, C7204B, it's obvious something's wrong with the line protocol.

Giorgos

Reply to
geoar75

Hi Mag,

From the first box: C7204#sh interface Serial2/0 Serial2/0 is down, line protocol is down

13 carrier transitions rxLOS inactive, rxLOF inactive, rxAIS active txAIS inactive, rxRAI inactive, txRAI active

Your upstream device is transmitting an Alarm Indication Signal - the PE, I guess, is having some problems. As a result, you're transmitting Remote Alarm Indication. Best thing to do here is gather 'sh controller e3 2/0' and see which counters are incrementing. Also, do a hard loop to see if the interface comes up.

For the 2nd box: C7204-2#sh interfaces serial 1/0 Serial1/0 is up, line protocol is down

rxLOS inactive, rxLOF inactive, rxAIS inactive txAIS inactive, rxRAI active, txRAI inactive

You're getting a Remote Alarm Indication from the remote device. Again, loop to see if your link comes up. Also do a barrel roll at the demarkation point for your E3.

/Ruairi

Reply to
Ruairi Carroll

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.