Redirecting packets with route-maps through the same interface.

Hi all,

I would like to use a route map on the interface Vlan 1 of a 877 and redirect them out of the same interface. I applied the route-map but it doesn't work. Is it possible or packets must be forwarded through a different interface. My LAN has a router as a default gateway but the real gateway is a firewall and the router forward everything to the firewall. Every device is on the same logical WAN. I want to do a trasparent proxy and I want to put the route-map on the interface but packets that will match the rules (http traffic) will exit the same interface.

I did a test but it failed.

TIA,

Alex

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Sending the packet back out on the interface it came in should be possible. You might have to turn off ICMP redirects etc.

I tried the following simple experiment with 2 routers connected back-to-back via their ethernet interfaces

Router1 ====== interface Ethernet0 ip address 20.20.20.1 255.255.255.0 no keepalive ! ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 20.20.20.2

Router2 ====== interface Ethernet0 ip address 20.20.20.2 255.255.255.0 ip policy route-map TEST no keepalive ! access-list 1 permit any ! route-map TEST permit 10 match ip address 1 set ip next-hop 20.20.20.1

This does send all packets received on ethernet0 of Router2 back out on ethernet0. (Note that the above configuration does not do anything useful; it was only meant to check if the packet can be forced out of the interface it came in on using a route map.)

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.