Show policy-map interface output with nested class-maps

I have CBWFQ set up on an interface. I've been playing with using various settings to do interesting BW mgmt. One of my queues has a nested class-map and the counters don't seem to match up in show policy-map interface:

Class-map: BE_Bandwidth (match-all) 8649 packets, 494658 bytes 5 minute offered rate 6000 bps, drop rate 0 bps Match: class-map match-any BE Match: access-group name dscp0 39258 packets, 2434571 bytes 5 minute rate 31000 bps Match: qos-group 1 Queueing Output Queue: Conversation 29 Bandwidth 1 (%) Bandwidth 0 (kbps) Max Threshold 64 (packets) (pkts matched/bytes matched) 368/19480 (depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/0/0

Can anyone tell me why the 5 min rate on the inner class-map is higher than on the outer? I do use these class-maps on other interfaces, but none of them have traffic running through at the moment. Does it have anything to do with the "offerred" part in the outer class-map?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve
Loading thread data ...

I figured it out after staring awhile. The nested class-map shows the packets that would have ended up in this queue. However, the parent class-map is a MATCH-ALL, so the difference is the number of packets that matched the first clause, but not the second. These packets then dropped to the default queue.

Reply to
Steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.