Need to route SMTP traffic through static interface (not default route)

Hi,

Apologies if this has a solution on the NG but I had a search, and couldn't quite work it out.

I have a Cisco 2610 with a ADSL WIC and a FE module. There are 2 x internet connections: static IP on the ADSL, and a cable modem into Eth0/0. The Static is a metered line so all traffic goes out over cable. I have NAT rules directing mail from outside to an SMTP server internally. This all works fine.

Due to more cases of outbound SMTP traffic getting refused connections because its originating from a dynamic IP source (the cable connection) I need to route all SMTP outbound traffic via the Dialer0 interface.

After some searching on here and Google I thought a route-map might do the trick, but it doesn't appear to be (or my implementation!).

I tried the following: access-list 103 permit tcp 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 any eq smtp route-map smtp-redirect permit 10 match ip address 103 match route-type internal set interface Dialer0

And then on the FastEth1/0 interface (my LAN): ip policy route-map smtp-redirect

I've also tried applying the policy to the Eth0/0 interface to no avail.

I did notice that a show route-map (when configured on fasteth1/0) showed packet matches against the map but no mail arrived at the other end?

Does anyone have constructive feedback or a better way of solving this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Perimere

Reply to
perimere
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.