Recommended Hardware for eBGP

I've seen some posts for minimum RAM to run eBGP but I was wondering what is the minimum hardware.

Is a 28xx sufficient? We currently have a 2811 with 256 MB.

I know a 38xx will work but it's much more expensive.

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Sonney
Loading thread data ...

On 02.11.2005 18:58 Kevin Sonney wrote

This is not such much a question of HW nbut what traffic you are expecting.

So calculate your expected pps and compare with your model. With small pps eben a 18xx will be fine.

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Nipper

Does anyone have an estimate for how many pps full BGP will need after the inital setup?

Reply to
Kevin Sonney

On 02.11.2005 20:27 Kevin Sonney wrote

I'm currently seeing between 0.8 and 1.1 update messages per second per full feed peer.

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Nipper

Can anyone let me know how much of memory will be needed if the router is having the full internet table of 160 K, asking it here since it is a related question

Reply to
coolmaneesh

On 03.11.2005 12:13 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

You either want to have two (or more) times the full table or you are just happy with a default route. A single full table does not buy you anything.

The minimum RAM question was answered a few minutes ago. Please have alook in the archives first.

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Nipper

So , I understand 256 MB is enuf to have 2 times the full routing table. Thanks.

Reply to
coolmaneesh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.