Replacing compact flash card on Cisco Concentrator

Hi,

We have a 3030 Concentrator that failed recently, giving the following message on the console at boot-time:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Boot-ROM Initializing... Boot configured 256 MB of RAM.

No IDE devices found...

...Boot-ROM Found No IDE Devices..! WARNING - If this message is seen then either an IDE device was not found or a valid main image could not be loaded! Boot code complete...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would seem that the Compact Flash card has failed - this happened during normal operation (it hung, we rebooted it & it never came back).

What I would like to know is can we replace the card with any card bought from a store? What considerations are there for doing this - for example what format should the card be, FAT32? Can I try putting the card in a card-reader & seeing if I can repair it?

Any help much appreciated as I haven't been able to find any information on this.

Reply to
Al
Loading thread data ...

Hi Al,

This often happens during power interruptions.

Cisco 3030 Concentrators are very hard and "expensive" to repair, so highly recommend that you immediately contact your local Cisco TAC Office:

formatting link
Do NOT replace with "any card" bought in a store.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Salary and Compensation Rates
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.