Cisco VPN Client through PIX and routed network

We currently have several networks interconnected using broadband and PIX 501's/506's, using site to site VPN's. We're looking at upgrading our service to an Ethernet over fiber scenario that would look like this:

Site A (Main location) Local LAN: 192.168.1.0, Internet Connection Here Site B (Remote Site) Local LAN: 192.168.2.0 Site C (Remote Site) Local LAN: 192.168.3.0 Site D (Remote Site) Local LAN: 192.168.4.0

The ethernet service will provide a fully meshed topology, allowing any site to reach any other site.

Right now we use the Cisco VPN client for a few remote users. They connect into a PIX 506E located at Site A. Obvisouly, they can only access hosts located on the 192.168.1.0 network. How can I enable the clients to reach hosts at Sites B,C and D once we have put the new service in place?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Glenn

Reply to
gkurcon
Loading thread data ...

You need a router on the inside interface of the PIX506 headend, inorder to "turn" the packets in and the via router, out again on the PIX headend.

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Ok this makes sense I think. So if I were to plug the 506E inside interface into a Catalyst 3548 with Layer 3 capability, that had routes for the 3 other networks, all would work fine?

Thanks.

Reply to
gkurcon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.