RDP Printer Re-Direction not working through PIX 515E...

I have a Cisco PIX 515E set up with users that authenticate on the PIX's user database. They can connect fine and connect to the Remote Desktop server fine. The only problem is when it comes to printing to their local printer.

We had this set up before without the PIX, and everyhting worked fine, so it has to be something blocking the printer re-direction.

This is the problem....If the printer is attatched to the machine, they can see the printer and print. If a second computer in the same office connects to the Remote Desktop, they cannot see the printer which is set up like 'net use \\\\computer\\shared printer'. It is the same if it is a network printer.

So, in conclusion, people can print to their printer if it is physically attatched to their machine via parallel port. They cannot print through their share that i set up to trick Remote Desktop into thinking it is physically attatched to a LPT port. Users cannot print to network printers that i have set up the same way.

Keep in mind that my setup worked fine until i changed our firewall to the PIX515 for vpn access.

Thanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803
Loading thread data ...

Does the VPN client setup allow users to access the local subnet ?

Reply to
Merv

I am not sure. How can i check this to find out?

Thanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803

With the vpn established, do a ping to the local printserver. If you get replies split tunneling is configured as required.

You can also look at the vpn statistics. it should show wich networks are routed to the CO. If it shows 0.0.0.0 split tunneling is disabled, if it shows specific routes, split tunneling is enabled.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Tamminga

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.