Help with wireless printer server

Hi, I'm almost there but not quite. Setup is as follows a 3com wireless router/modem which is connected by ethernet to my PC. I also have a USB wireless 3com print server which at present is connected to my router by ethernet. I have a wireless laptop which I have set up my wireless printer and can print fine, I can also print fine from my desktop. However the problem comes when I disconnect the ethernet cable then neither my laptop nor my desktop can find the printer. I take the power cable, out of the print server then remove the ethernet cable then replace the power cable but it still doesnt work. The settings of my print server are as follows: Ip addy: 192.168.1.5 ( Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway addy: 192.168.1.1 Domain Name: MSHOME Wireless Name 00-12-A9-55-62-82 SSID Jesmond BSSID: 00:00:00:00:00:00 Channel No: Auto Network Type Infrastructure

I have also tried this on Ad-Hoc but I still get the same problem

Any help much appreciated

Reply to
Olly
Loading thread data ...

Print server brand and model? Printer make and model? Model of Wireless Router/AP? Is it actually also a modem? Cable or DSL?

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Hi the print server is separate to the router which is router/DSL modem The print server is a 3com office connect wireless 54mbps 11g print server. onnected to an eposn stylus photo 935 printer. the router/modem is a 3com office connect adsl modem.

Reply to
Olly
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Your wireless print server needs to be on the same subnet as any computer that wants to use it. Sounds like your wired and wireless may be different subnets.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.