PIX 515E VPN Help...

I am going to be setting up a PIX 515E, and need to set up vpn. I have asdm installed. I am just wondering if there is anything i need to do to let the clients use remote desktop on the 192.168.0.0/24 network. I have 4 ethernet adapters in the pix. The outside address is

162.40.148.2/49, and the inside address of e2 is 192.168.0.1/24. I need to use vpn client to connect to the pix, and be able to access the 192.168.0.0/24 network through e3. Also, i will need to allow traffic for printer re-direction that remote desktop uses. The users will need to connect to the PIX, and use remote desktop on the server 192.168.0.2. Let me know if there is specific steps in setting this up other than the vpn wizard. Do i need to add an access list, a route, or anything like that?

Thanks in advance, Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803
Loading thread data ...

it's always good practice to add the route statements in the pix (even though you shouldn't need them). The wizard should take you through with no problem. Make sure you add a route on your internal router back to the pix for each of the pools you set up...

Good luck and let me know if you have any problems....

Reply to
garrisb

I am going to need only one pool of users. There will be around 8 users in this pool. We have been using PPTP to connect to the old router HotBrick, but we have upgraded to the PIX for more options.

I would like to set up Remote Desktop forwarding first, so that i can get my users working again. Then, when i get the vpn working, i can switch them over one by one.

Will i need VPN Client to connect, or can i still use MS software vpn?

Also, what route would i need to add to my router?

This is my setup...

Remote Users------Internet------Cisco1750------CiscoPIX-------LAN

Do i need to open port 3389 on my 1750 as well as my pix for remote desktop?

Thanks Jason

Reply to
jsandlin0803

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.