power off remotely ?

This question just came up to me when Rita arrived. I planned to remotely shutdown most the systems. I could do for all the servers, but I just not know how to do for my Cisco routers.

Is there any command allow me to "shutdown" or "power off" the Cisco router ? I may need it next time :)

Thanks,

DT

Reply to
dt1649651
Loading thread data ...

No, there isn't. If you need something like that, you'll need remotely manageable power switches like these, for instance:

formatting link
Note that these are just the first to pop up when doing a google on 'remote power switches'; I have never used (or even heard from :-)) them before.

Regards,

Marco.

Reply to
M.C. van den Bovenkamp

Hi DT,

You may wish to investigate Cisco's How can I reload a router with use of SNMP?

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

:> Is there any command allow me to "shutdown" or "power off" the Cisco :> router ? I may need it next time :)

:No, there isn't. If you need something like that, you'll need remotely :manageable power switches like these, for instance: :

formatting link
For other such switches, see also my recent thread,
formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.