ssid guest-mode

I set up my 877 router to have three different wlan SSIDs. I would like these SSIDs to be broadcasted so I use the command "guest-mode" but when I turn on "guest-mode" on one SSID then it is turned off on other SSIDs.

Do I use wrong command ? Any way to allow me to broadcast multiple SSIDs ?

Thanks,

DT

Reply to
dt1649651
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for the reply. I do not have to manage to try it when knowing that it's possible :)

I am working on a testing scheme for a customer and I plan to use different WLANs on different VLAN to assign different permissions on the network. In the real world I won't need to broadcast any of them, but when testing I happen to see that guest-mode exists only on one SSID so I wonder why it is the case.

Again, thanks for your reply.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

Hi Igor, thanks for your reply and the link. It 's helpful to me.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

DT,

AFAIK, Cisco Aironet AP allows you to setup only one guest-mode SSID. Please check config documentation on

formatting link
(start-up page).

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com schrieb:

Normal behaviour. Only one SSID can be assigned guest-mode.

No.

But why do you want three SSID broadcasted on a single radio?

Reply to
Uli Link

~ I set up my 877 router to have three different wlan SSIDs. I would ~ like these SSIDs to be broadcasted so I use the command "guest-mode" ~ but when I turn on "guest-mode" on one SSID then it is turned off on ~ other SSIDs. ~ ~ Do I use wrong command ? Any way to allow me to broadcast multiple ~ SSIDs ? ~ ~ Thanks, ~ ~ DT

As others have noted, you can only have on broadcast ("guest-mode") SSID on your 877 radio.

On Aironet/Airespace access points, you can have multiple broadcast (basic) SSIDs on a radio (for Aironet APs, this has to be an 11G or a new 11A radio). See

formatting link
On the 85x/87x/18xx routers, this is NOT supported.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.