Remotely logging in

Networking newbie question is this.I have routers and switches setup in a lab.I want to be able to remotely login and configure my equipment just like if i was renting rack time from a site.Is this possible and how do i go about doing that.Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Reply to
Blacksayien
Loading thread data ...

I have not rent a rack so I do not know it works, but if you want to access to your equipment remotely, then :

1. If all the equipments have internal ip addresses which you can not access directly, then you can use VPN to access to your company network first and then you can access to those equipments, if your company has a VPN server.
  2. If you have one equipment with two interfaces, one with a real ip address and one with company ip address, like a Cisco router, then you can remotely access directly access to your router via the interface with the real ip address. And then from there, you can telnet/ssh to other systems. For secure, use SSH to access to your router.

Hope this helps,

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

In article , Blacksayien wrote: :Networking newbie question is this.I have routers and switches setup in a :lab.I want to be able to remotely login and configure my equipment just like :if i was renting rack time from a site.Is this possible and how do i go :about doing that.

It depends on the facilities offered by the rack ISP ;-)

If you want to be more realistic, you should search around for "console servers" and "reboot reboot".

See also my recent thread,

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.