PIX501 - Firewall Image Nonexistant on Cisco's Site?

All,

I am attempting to upgrade my user license on a PIX501 firewall. The instructions explicitly say you must download a firewall image before attempting the upgrade. It gives the following link

formatting link
I am a registered user of the site, however when I access the page, I get this message:

NOTE: There are currently no files for this type.

I've scoured Cisco's site and Google, and simply cannot find a link to download this image anywhere. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance,

Best Regards, Ryan Steele

Reply to
Ryan.G.Steele
Loading thread data ...

Hi Ryan,

Upgrading Software for the Cisco Secure PIX Firewall:

formatting link
You may wish to contact your local Cisco TAC office:

formatting link
Email:

tac at cisco.com

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Technical Forums

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

That information is outdated. Starting in PIX 6.2,

formatting link
activation-key activation-key-four-tuple

Checking my notes, I see that the PIX 501 was released as of PIX 6.1(1), so -possibly- you have software too old for this, but changes are good that you are somewhere in 6.2 or 6.3.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Brad,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did not get that additional text when I visited the site following the instructions in the manual. I guess I'll need to find a local rep...I believe CDW will do that...Cisco didn't seem to want to have anything to do with me/it. Thanks again!

Best, Ryan

formatting link
wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
Ryan.G.Steele

Hi Ryan,

Aggregated the entire Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support Contacts on this web page:

formatting link
In the United States visit:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.