Where do I get the gui files for Cisco CallManager Express?

Just installed Advanced IP Services on my Cisco 3825 router, and I'm delving into IP telephony for the first time. I've done the basic setup of telephony on the router, but I don't have the gui files so I can use the web administration tool.

From the documentation, I gather that I have to download and install

files to enable the gui, but when I go to the web site

formatting link
all I get is the message "There are currently no files for this type," followed by detailed directions on how to install the files that ain't there! I can't find them anywhere else on the Cisco site, including the public ftp downloads.

I'm registered as a guest; I don't have a service contract or anything like that. If one is required to get these files, I'm going to be extra mad, considering the thousands of dollars I've already spent.

Reply to
ttripp
Loading thread data ...

IOS software comes with BGP, but you generally have to license it too..

The file list fills in for me for CME files... But yes, I do have service contracts.

Yes, but did you license CME?

FL-CCME-36 Cisco CallManager Express Feature License for up to 36 users (and 72, 96, 120)

If you licensed CME, you should be able to get those files from your reseller who you licensed it from. If they asked what you wanted, and then sold you the wrong feature license, then you should go back to them.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Depending on when you purchased the router, it "may" allow you a higher level of access (for a limited time). Access to those files will also depend on the order configuration. Contact your reseller to make sure they added CME to your order.

Reply to
garrisb

Thanks, I was beginning to suspect this was the issue. Cisco licensing makes Microsoft licensing a joyous experience, by comparison.

Can you imagine buying a car this way? "Yes, you bought the car, but you need a license to get the engine installed. After that, you'll need to buy a transmission. You might also want to buy a steering wheel, brakes, seats, gas tank, radio, and fuzzy dice."

Reply to
ttripp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.