Can FRF.16 and FRF.11 work on the same interface

I am expanding my companies frame relay network. At our central site we are adding several T1's that will be bonded using multilink frame-relay. We currently use VoFR for toll by-pass to our 12 remote sites. But I have been told that multilink frame relay will not work with VoFR on the same interface. I have scoured Cisco's docs and cannot find any reference to FRF16 and FRF11. I do understand that FRF.16 does not support FRF.12, that is clearly stated in Cisco's release notes.

I am planning to buy a new 3825 for my central site, but Cisco says I need to replace all of my remote site routers (MC3810) with 2811's (big $$) and switch to VoIP if I want to keep my toll by-pass option.

I know eventually I will need to replace the 3810's as they are EOL. But they work great right now and I am not even close to exceeding there capacity.

So if FRF.16 and FRF.11 are NOT mutually exclusive will this work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken

Reply to
Ken
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.