PIX OS 7 for 501 and/or 506E yet?

We semi-retired our 501's and 506e's from several locations due to no v7 OS from Cisco for them. We also allowed our SmartNet accounts to expire. Has Cisco released a version of 7 that will run on them? If so, we'll pay for SmartNet again and upgrade, otherwise I guess we'll just ebay them and be done with it.

Thanks...

Thanks... Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

NOTICE: Use of this information is contingent upon acceptance of Paragraph 17 of Terabyte's Terms and conditions located at

formatting link

Reply to
Brian Bergin
Loading thread data ...

No, and people around here have pretty much stopped talking about it so I would speculate that the people with NDAs aren't getting anything solid either (e.g., not even betas.) But I'm not under NDA so I'm just going by the rumour mill.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Today I heard a presentation of a Cisco technician. He stated clearley that there will be no V7 for the 501 nd 506 boxes. He said further that some of the V7 features will likely be incorporated in some later V6.x versions.

Regards, Christoph Gartmann

Reply to
Christoph Gartmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.